Benefits of a Whole-Home Remodel
The chances are pretty good that you’ve spent a solid portion of your life moving around a bit. Houses, apartments—places to rest your head have come and gone. But all of us eventually want that great home. The place you fall in love with over and over again. The place you feel comfortable in, and the one that you feel like was built just for you.
For many of us that means a lot of shopping around, and maybe a fair bit of construction. But what if we told you that you could have that perfect home by staying right where you are? Follow along with Heritage Builders while we detail the biggest benefits of a whole-home remodel project.
What’s a Whole-Home Remodel?
First up, let’s square away exactly what this type of home remodel entails. Though a whole-home remodel could include basically wiping the slate clean and building back from the ground up, technically a whole-home remodel is any single project that adds to, alters, or redesigns more than half of your total home space.
It differs from most remodeling projects in that you’re not just adding a room (unless that one room accounts for 50% of your new square footage) or changing a kitchen. It’s a service essentially designed to turn your house into your home. A personalized service that takes your wants, needs, and tastes all into account.
What Are the Advantages of a Whole-Home Remodel?
Some the advantages of a whole-home remodel are probably clear already from what we said above. It’s a great way to personalize a space and to accommodate your needs. But that’s not all you can get from the project.
When you consider a complete home remodel, you gain the opportunity to:
- Save money. A complete home remodel gives you the chance to get exactly what you want, and also allows you to work very closely with your contractor on the job. Through careful planning, you can meet your budget very precisely, and even allow wiggle room for changes. Thanks to our design/build approach, you will be involved every step of the way to approve any design-related or budgetary changes.
- Avoid uprooting your family. Even a family of two can get attached to a space. Maybe you love the neighbors, are fond of the school district you’re in, or just adore your plot of land. Either way, you get to stay!
- Stay interactive. In many cases, homeowners like to live on-site during the new construction. It can be a bit hit or miss on your amenities sometimes, but it also gives you the chance to stay very hands-on with the project as a whole. We employ BuildClean systems to keep your home spotless while remodeling and use GuildQuality surveys to keep our team accountable for our work.
Who Benefits Most from a Whole-Home Remodel?
Nearly anyone, we would say, can benefit from a whole-home remodel. However, there certainly are situations that make this remodel even more appealing. We often recommend this route for:
- Homes that are expecting additions to the family
- Aging-in-place renovation
- Homes that are currently too small to meet family needs
- Homes that lack appropriate room division
If a whole-home remodel sounds like the right choice for you, get in touch with Heritage Builders! We serve Germantown, Memphis, and the surrounding areas—we can’t wait to get started on your custom remodel!