Home Additions Perfect for Your Growing Family
No two families are quite the same, but they all have one thing in common: change. As your children continue to grow from babies to teenagers, at some point, your home may no longer suit your needs. By the time you realize you’ve outgrown your living space your roots may be planted firmly in your current neighborhood, and moving to a more functional residence may seem like an undesirable option. Fortunately, there is a solution that allows you to remain in the location you love while increasing your square footage and the value of your house! A home addition from Heritage Builders can solve your need or desire for more space, using our unique design/build approach to ensure your complete satisfaction through each stage of the process.
Not sure where to start? Consider the following addition options from Heritage Builders:
Younger children may enjoy the companionship of sharing a room with a sibling, but the time will come when they need their own space. Bedroom additions provide much-needed separation, and after children leave the nest, the room can be converted into a craft room, home office, library, guest room, and more. A bedroom addition can also be used for:
- Relatives – Whether your family members visit often or infrequently, it’s nice to have a space for them to sleep while they are there.
- Out-of-town guests – Hosting non-family members can be stressful, but it is even moreso when children have to double up and give up their room or when guests must sleep on a pull out sofa in the living room or basement area.
- Master bedroom retreat – Expand your master bedroom and turn it into the retreat of your dreams. Incorporate a walk-in closet, sitting area, fireplace, or master bathroom for the ultimate luxury, and give yourself personal space to unwind at the end of the day.
Simplify your morning and evening routines with the addition of a main floor powder room, children’s bathroom, or master bathroom. In addition to the added value that an extra bathroom can bring to your home, that added space is invaluable when it comes to saving time and frustration. In your master bathroom addition treat yourself to a double vanity, soaking tub, steam shower, and more, while maximizing the space in a shared bathroom with a tub/shower combination and plenty of storage.
Second Story Addition
A second story addition can increase the square footage of your home by one-third or more and give you the space you need for an additional bedroom, bathroom, media room, and more. Whether you’re considering converting your unused attic space or building onto your existing structure, choosing the right design/build firm is the key to your safety and satisfaction of the finished product.
One of the best ways to keep your growing family organized and your home neat and clean is with a mudroom addition. As a secondary entrance to your home, a mudroom is the ideal place to remove soiled or wet footwear, store sports equipment or school gear, or provide a convenient place for each member of your family to organize their outerwear. Incorporating laundry, sink, or pet facilities into this area gives added assistance for washing dirty hands, muddy paws, or wet or dirty clothing upon arrival.
The addition of an in-law suite can serve a multitude of purposes, and is the perfect solution for short term or long term use:
- Older children – College-aged children or those returning home with their own families will appreciate having a dedicated bedroom and bathroom away from the main living space.
- Elderly parents – Treat your parents to a tranquil, well-designed living space as a permanent residence or guest space.
- Office space – A functional home office affords you privacy, ample storage, and a dedicated bathroom for yourself or your clients.
If any of these additions sound like something your home needs, count on Heritage Builders to get the job done. Contact us online to schedule a consultation for a home addition in the Shelby County area today!