The Master Suite: 7 Reasons They’re Better Than a Normal Bedroom
Master suites have become a must for modern homes. More than just a bedroom, they’re a haven of tranquility and peace in a bustling, busy world. But there’s a lot more to them too, and we’ve got seven great reasons why master suites are just better than your ordinary bedroom, and why you need to work with your Germantown homebuilder to design a great one!
1. Master suites are bigger, and size definitely matters when it comes to master bedrooms. Anyone who has ever shared cramped quarters with barely enough room to move will tell you that the feeling they get is more claustrophobic than tranquil. You want space to move, and room to breathe.
Master suites have master bathrooms, and when they’re done right, they’re like a private spa, where you can get away from the world and soak away your troubles. If you’re still wrestling the kids for one tiny sink or sharing the tub with toys, then you owe yourself a master bathroom retreat!
2. Walk-in closets. Large enough to keep all of your stuff, and your partners, with room to get dressed. No more piles on a chair in the corner, or stuff overflowing from your closet when you open the door. Enough said.
Private sitting areas, where you can put your feet up, read a book, and just escape from the world for a while. Master suites these days often incorporate sitting areas or decks that are designed to be an escape from the world for a little while at least.
3. Integrated studies and home offices. There’s a growing trend, particularly with so many people working from home these days, to incorporate studies or home offices into master suites. This means that you’re always close to the office, but eliminates the need to work in your bedroom itself. Since that’s better for sleep and for not annoying your spouse, it’s a win-win situation!
Modern day master suites are often on a different floor, or in a different wing to the other bedrooms, which offers improved privacy and the ability to truly escape for a little while. Whether you’re building a new home or renovating an existing one, with advanced baby and child monitor options as well as smart home security options readily available today, that’s even more of a realistic option. After all, you no longer need to hear unaided in your home to know what’s going on!
4. The final reason that a master suite is better than a regular bedroom is that having one will increase the value of your home significantly. Not only do you want a dream master suite, everyone else does too. Adding one to a custom home design or remodel will have an impact on your home’s value, and increase your equity and the price you can sell for one day. So while it might be the ultimate in self-indulgence, it’s also a smart financial decision.
4. If you are considering a custom master suite for your new or existing home, we’d like to be the Germantown homebuilder to construct it for you. Contact us to discuss your needs and options, and let us create a room that makes every day feel like a vacation—right in your own home!
Professional Group. Quality of work was exceptional. Did what they said they would. Stayed on schedule. Would definitely hire again.— Maxwell R.
We are very happy with the service provided by Heritage Builders. As of now, they have built our two homes. We love working with Greg Mitchell…— Corinthia D.
We have used Heritage Builders for two different projects and we are thrilled with the results…— Catherine