The need for additional space is nothing new to most Tennessee homeowners. However often enough, a simple bedroom addition or similar design option will somewhat fall short of your needs, your ideas, or your vision. When seeking something larger and more in depth, and something that provides you with true room to grow, there is absolutely nothing more effective than an in-law suite.
The design and build team at Heritage Builders has been offering superior quality and service to clients in Germantown and Memphis for nearly fifteen years. Each member of our team is devoted to the highest standards of service, from our craftsmen, to our experienced design team. We carry the knowledge and skill needed to supply you with the best in-law suite solutions, regardless of where your needs lie.
Interested in learning more about in-law suites, or getting a consultation for your home addition project? Contact Heritage Builders online, or contact our team over the phone at 901-737-6220!
Design/Build Services for In-Law Suites in Memphis, TN
Though the term originates with the idea of multigenerational housing, an in-law suite can service a wide variety of functions for your home. And indeed, the term has since broadened into “guest” or “secondary” suite, as well. The appeal and varied use of a functional, attached apartment to a home can provide a wide array of opportunities, from simple additional and functional space, to a complete living solution for friends and loved ones.
In-law suites are ideal for:
- Children. Whether your children are attending university, or you are a tight-knit family that likes to visit often, an in-law suite has much to offer. Also, families grow—so, if you expect, or your foreseeable future entails, that you may need additional, functional home space, there’s no better way to gain it.
- Office space. A functional and attached office space gives you room, and privacy as well.
- Aging parents. When parents visit, or if you decide to live together in a multi-generational home, an in-law suite can accommodate your needs with elegance and mindfulness.
- Guests. There is no better way to please a guest than to offer a full array of independent amenities and privacy—and an in-law suite can do just that!
Our Process for Building In-Law Suites
When we build for you, we will settle for nothing less than perfection, and you should do the same! This is your home, your vision, and it is your complete satisfaction that we want more than anything else. In order to ensure this happens, our process is thorough:
- Consultation and in-home meeting. When our design team meets with you, it is our top priority to understand what exactly you’re looking for. We take care in listening to your wants and needs, and offer prudent suggestions in order to refine your vision, as well as take preliminary measurements and photographs.
- Budget meeting. Our second meeting will take budgeting into account, and together we can nail down a concrete idea of where the project stands.
- Floor plans and design approval. Our team will draw out and map the design for your new in-law suite, and review the design in order to ensure accuracy.
- Authorization. The presentation of the final plan, and setting a tentative construction schedule if all is in accordance with your preferences.
- Construction. Our project manager will keep closely in touch with you, apprising you of progress and the status of your addition project.
- Completion, clean-up, and the final walk-through. We ensure all of our work is flawless and that our work area is completely speck-free. Then, we walk you through the finished project.
Choose Heritage Builders for In-Law Suite Additions in Germantown, TN
Adding an in-law suite onto your existing space can give you and your guests the space you need to live comfortably. Whether your aging parents are moving in or you need space for your college students to crash on long weekends, having an extra living area is ideal.
Interested in learning more about our in-law suite additions? Contact the team at Heritage Builders today. We offer all types of home remodeling and home addition services to residents of Germantown, Memphis, and the surrounding areas—give us a call at 901-737-6220!